Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Membership
You agree to join Pirates Squash Club for an initial minimum period of 12-months if you are graded, or month to month if not graded. For the whole of that period, you will pay the regular payment fees on time, even if you don’t attend the club. Termination conditions are set out in clause 6.
Your membership entitles you to make full use of Pirates Squash Club‘s facilities. It does not cover food or drink or the cost of tournaments, coaching or special programmes. We cannot guarantee that the courts will always be available to you, particularly at popular times. Some restrictions apply to "Off-Peak" membership types.
You agree to pay either: (a) a 12-month fee in full, or (b) regular monthly payments as outlined in the membership schedule, to be made in advance by automatic payment to us from your designated bank account beginning on the 1st day of each month. At the end of your initial 12-month period, your regular payments will continue until you terminate your contract under clause 6. The initial 12-month period does not apply to an “Off-Peak” membership or to ungraded members, which can be terminated under clause 6 at any time.
Key Tag Fee
You agree to pay a fee for a Key Access Tag. This fee is non-refundable and is for one key tag. The key tag is for your use only and cannot be shared with other Members or players. Please notify the Pirates iSquash Administrator immediately if you lose your key tag and we will suspend door access for your tag. This can be reinstated if found again, otherwise a new Key Tag Fee will be incurred and a replacement Tag given to you.
You agree to comply with all current rules of Pirates Squash Club as follows:
- You must not carry out any illegal acts on Club premises, and you must comply with our health and safety requirements, including those directed to your own health and safety. If you carry out any activity which we consider is offensive or a danger to you or any other person, we reserve the right to require you to leave the Club immediately.
- Your membership and subsequent access to the club is for your personal use only. You may not pass out your key tag to non-members for access to the club or to use the courts. Failure to comply with this rule may result in penalties enforced, including the forfeit and cancellation of your membership and grading with Pirates Squash Club, which is at the Committee’s full discretion and their decision will be final. No membership refund will be given.
- All Membership types (except “Adult FullPlus” memberships) will be required to have two members playing in order to book a court and for lights to operate. No member may use another member’s name to book a court without that member playing on court at that time. Failure to follow this rule may lead to suspension or removal of that member from the club, with no reimbursement of fees, at the Committee’s sole discretion.
- You are welcome to invite another person (a guest) to play at the club with you, but additional Court Fees do apply (except for “Adult FullPlus” memberships). This applies to general members of the public, friends, family members, and members of other clubs. You are solely responsible for that guest and their actions while on the club premises.
- All members are responsible for maintaining their profile in iSquash, including email address and contact phone numbers.
- Junior with Parent members are junior players whom have a parent as a "playing" member.
- All Junior members under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times while on club premises.
- Any membership not paid on time will be suspended for a period of up to three months, unless fees are paid up to date. This will keep the member on the Pirates Squash Club membership list, but they will be unable to access the club with their key tag or book a court.
- All persons accessing the playing courts must wear non-marking shoes.
- Club rules may change from time to time.
Termination of Membership
By you: You must provide one month’s written notice of your intention to terminate your membership, if paying monthly and only after your initial 12-month term if graded. By Pirates Squash Club: At any time, we can terminate your membership immediately by giving you notice in writing, if you breach any term of this membership, including: failing to pay any fee on due date breaching any club rules carrying out any illegal, offensive or unsafe activity on Club premises.
It is your responsibility to keep your payments paid on time. Failure to pay your monthly payment on-time will result in your membership being suspended. Graded players in their initial 12-month period are bound to pay the full amount unless otherwise directed by the Committee at the Committee sole discretion.
Our Liability to You
You have rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. Other than those rights: (a) provided we act with reasonable care and skill, we will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage or injury of any kind to you or your property, however it arises. Compensation for personal injury by accident is covered by Accident Compensation in New Zealand.
(b) we will not be obliged to give you any refund if you fail to use your membership.
(c) we will only use information provided for administration and marketing purposes and for any emergency which might arise while you are on club premises. You have the right to ask for this information to be corrected at any time.
Applicants who are under 18 must ask a parent or legal guardian to sign the consent before membership will be accepted.
You give permission for your details to be given to any or all of Squash [District], Squash New Zealand or any other relevant organisations. You have read and agree to the Terms and Conditions of joining iSquash (available online at Squash New Zealand).
Pay2Play Casual Player - Terms and Conditions
- PARTIES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Club referred to in all of the Terms and Conditions is Pirates Squash Rackets Club Incorporated which is a New Zealand owned Incorporated Society.
- The User referred to in all of the Terms and Conditions is the user who is registered on the iSquash booking system and who made the booking.
- The District referred to in all of the Terms and Conditions is Squash Otago.
- SQUASH REGISTRATION
- The User acknowledges that all details entered when registering into iSquash are correct.
- By registering onto iSquash, the User accepts all Terms and Conditions associated with the online booking system – these are accepted upon * registration and are available to view by logging into iSquash at any time.
- If the User would like to receive an email notification of their booking (including their Access Code), they must agree to receive emails from * Squash NZ as this is where the email originates – the User may manage their own subscription options by logging into iSquash at any time.
- The User’s information will be used for communication for Pay2Play notifications and/or other squash-related information from the Club, the local
- District and/or Squash NZ – the User may manage their own subscription options by logging into iSquash at any time.
- ACCESS CODE
- The User code remains operative for Pay2Play users from 30 minutes before until 30 minutes after the commencement of a Pay2Play booking.
- The User accepts that the Access Code for the Club will be their responsibility and may only be used by them.
- The Club is not responsible if the User is unable to access the Club after the booking has expired (30 minutes after the booking end time) – access to retrieve any forgotten personal belongings can be negotiated with the Club.
- PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY
- While at the Club, the User will be responsible for all persons accompanying them.
- The Club is not responsible for loss or theft of personal items – we recommend that personal items are not left in the changing rooms.
- The user takes full responsibility for their welfare and neither the club nor Dunedin City Council takes any responsibility for injury caused either to them or people joining them in the club.
- USE OF THE FACILITY
- The User, and any persons accompanying them must wear clean non-marking sports shoes on any of the court surfaces.
- Please be aware that the Club operates a video surveillance system within the building.
- Casual users must not admit people not accompanying them into the building.
- PAYMENT AND REFUNDS
- The court booking fee entitles the User to book one court time slot of one hour for two players only.
- This booking does not include any equipment hire (racket, ball etc) – if the User requires equipment, we recommend purchasing from Otago Sports Depot, 117 George Street, Dunedin.
- Bookings may only be cancelled at the discretion of the Club – bookings cancelled by the Club Committee will receive a full refund and the User will receive communication prior to the booking start time.
- The Club requests that the User keeps a copy of the Pay2Play booking receipt, and not be offended if a member requests to see it.
- All Transactions will be billed in New Zealand dollars.
- The name that will appear on all cardholder Statements for any transaction will be Pirates Squash Rackets Club.
- INFORMATION AND WEBSITE SECURITY
- Payments are processed through the secure DPS Payment Express system. No credit card information is stored by the Club.
- Payment Security is managed through DPS for mutual security. Encryption protection is managed with an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) Certificate, industry standard 128bit encryption software.